Friday, February 16, 2007

Dye Pots Part II

I decided to pole wrap my turquoise and fuschia pieces from yesterday. For both, I folded them in half and then in half again and placed them diagonally on a PVC pipe. I then wrapped warp thread around the silk until I got down to about where it is on the pole above and then started scrunching the silk up the pole. I wrapped more warp thread and scrunched again.
I keep doing this until I get to the bottom of the fabric. If the silk folds over or bunches up a bit on one side, I just keep right on going because those folds are what give the shibori later much more character.
Here are the poles all finished. Sorry for the darkish photo.

You can see the pretty folds in this last picture very well. Mainly towards the bottom. I think this piece will turn out nice. It's such a pretty pink and with black on top? Beautiful! But I don't want to jinx it or anything, so let's just see what happens.
I'm planning on dyeing them this weekend, so stay tuned for before, during, and after photos!

1 comment:

Betty Cooker said...

Wow I am looking forward to seeing the final product. I will keep and eye out!