Monday, July 2, 2007

Plum Island

Saturday was absolutely beautiful here! It was in the 80s, sunny, and breezy. Perfect for a day trip! We headed up to Plum Island, which we'd heard nothing but good things about. The picture above is of a section of sand I found on the beach that was completely untouched and perfect. Isn't it serene?This is the beach. There were quite a few people there, but it wasn't crowded. It was nice. The water was making these beautiful ripples in the sand, but my GOSH was it cold! I thought my toes were going to fall off it was so cold! :)
Kurt had no problems with the temperature of the water. Neither did the little girl behind him in the picture. A couple seconds after I snapped the photo she did the splits on the water! Craziness!!Some of the rocks there had cool seaweed and moss growing on them.
Our next adventure? KAYAKING! I can't wait! We're not sure when we're going, but I can't wait to try it. I think it'll be a lot of fun.

No comments: