Monday, July 16, 2007

Manchester by the Sea

Manchester by the Sea is this wonderful little town near the coast on Route 127 in Massachusetts. It's very quaint with this great, great, great, used book store. I could've spent hours in there! It's cleverly called "Manchester by the Book." I loved it! Definitely have to go back. It's also architecturally beautiful. Check out their library:

Isn't it gorgeous? This is the Historical Society, which is just as beautiful:

We walked around the neighborhoods, admiring all the beautiful houses and gardens. We bought lemonade from these little girls who were selling some in front of their house. Very cute! Only 30 cents too!! We finished off the day relaxing on a bench, looking over the water at all the boats and kayaks and admiring the beautiful tricks the light was playing in the sky.
I think I can get used to New England.

2 comments:

The Muttering Chef (Kristen) said...

Nice photos! By the way, your "about me" section still says you're in DC... :)

Anonymous said...

Hi - I'm from Manchester by the Sea and stumbled here while looking for town photos... it's so wonderful to read that you had a nice time in our little town! Cheers.