Friday, April 13, 2007

Felt bag

I promised you a felt bag and here it is! TA DAAAAA. The picture doesn't do it justice. In person, you can hold it and feel how incredibly soft it is. I love it! It's mint green with a wispy soft white inside.

I picked just one color for the outside because I want to embroider flowers on the flap and thought it would look too busy if there were several colors going on with the roving. For the straps, however, I chose the mint green and a nice peachy color that matches nicely with the mint and white.
I made two handles. I can't decide if I should just attach them separately or if I should braid them (just twist them together) and then attach them. What do you guys think?

Doesn't the peach look nice against the mint?
I'll keep you posted on my progress with the embroidery. I've never really embroidered before, although I have all the materials, but I can't wait to try! I'm determined to make this bag look awesome! :)
I also picked up some more roving for another project. I want to roll it up (like the handles above, except thinner) and make it really really long. Then wrap it around my wrist a bunch of times and make an awesome bracelet!!! Won't that be cool? I'm still trying to decide how to connect the ends, whether with gold clasps from the bead store or what...Still have to work that out. This project may have to wait, though, until after I move up to Boston, unfortunately. Currently, I'm hoping to bind a book for my husband, make a scarf and a bandanna for some friends in Boston, and make that bag as my final project for my textiles class. ALL WHILE PACKING. I'm tired already...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jen, that is such a pretty bag! I would twist the handles myself! It's sunny and 60 here!