Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Azaleas

This is a picture from the National Bonsai and Penjing Museum's website. It's here in DC and they have beautiful Bonsai trees. This one in particular caught my attention because right now the Azalea bushes are blooming like crazy all over DC. Unfortunately, I haven't been out with my camera to capture all those colors, but I'm hoping to have some time this weekend. Maybe... What with packing and getting ready for the move to Boston on Monday, we're very busy!

When we lived in Japan, we would always go see the Azalea bushes on top of Mt. Takine in the town my husband taught at. The entire mountaintop is COVERED with bushes that all bloom at the same time. It is spectacular! You could see the pink mountaintop from miles away. OH! Japan is a truly breathtaking country, it really is. Their respect and admiration for the beauty of nature is exactly what I wish we had in the United States. Maybe someday...

Hope you are all having equally beautiful springs! :)

No comments: