Monday, January 28, 2008

House plants


I have always loved house plants. I’ve always had at least one, if not two, but never more than that. Our apartment has always felt too small for any more, so I’ve always limited myself to two. When we bought our house, however, the previous owner had a serious green thumb. She had dozens of plants of all shapes and sizes. Plants I had never seen before, even, and she asked me if I wanted to keep them. They were moving from Massachusetts to Oregon, so it was impossible for her to take them. I said yes, of course, because they were just so beautiful! Here are a few photos of some of the ones she left me. This little guy is at work right now keeping me company.
The obligatory spider plant and this beautiful begonia.
Cacti for good measure.
I don't know how she could've parted with these beauties!

No comments: