Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone is having a good Valentine's Day. Kurt and I are celebrating it on Saturday, actually. It's madness here in DC on Valentine's Day. Let's just say that some friends and I were going to make reservations for a VD lunch and the set prices were $175 A PERSON! This place is not that good either. I'm sure it'll be back down to $12 tomorrow! They just take advantage, don't they?

We have tickets to a Jean-Yves Thibaudet concert on Saturday so we're going to make it a total VD date with dinner and all! This artist is the pianist who played the music in the movie Pride and Prejudice, my all time favorite movie! I can't wait, I'm so excited. :)

Kinda flaked on these heart pin cushions, didn't I? Just ended up making this one. It's super cute, though. I hand dyed the fabric a vivid pink, sewed some black felt on the back and then embroidered the black border. I was going to make a few to put on my Etsy shop, but never got around to it. I'm definitely still interested in making pin cushions for the site, but the goal to get them done by today was obviously not attained! Oh well. I just get distracted with so many other projects!

How are you spending Valentine's Day?

No comments: