Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Root Vegetable Soup

MMMMM root vegetable soup! I made it up the other day. It's really good and easy to make, so I thought I'd share the recipe.

Serves 2-3 people

Fill a 3 quart pot, 3/4 of the way full with water and add the following:

3 medium sized potatoes
1 sweet potato
3 turnips
turkey or chicken (I used frozen, already cooked, left over Thanksgiving turkey)
1 chicken boullion cube
rosemary, salt, and pepper to taste

Bring to a boil and then simmer until root vegetables are done.

Later that night I also dyed a pashmina for my sister-in-law, Kristen. She had gotten it as a gift, but it was this horrible pale pink color. I dyed it a gorgeous teal that I'm sure will compliment her beautifully. I didn't even think to take a picture of the pashmina after I dyed it (sorry!) but I did manage to take a picture of the packaging.



I send all my Tomoe goods wrapped in paper and sealed with wax. I'm not sure if you can see it in the photo, but you can sort of make out the brown string under the wax. I love that. To protect the pashmina underneath, I placed a card in between, and stamped and embossed it with my awesome new bird stamp.
Kurt, my husband, helped me a bunch with this stamp. He's an illustrator and can draw basically anything you ask him to. I told him I wanted a stamp of a cute, fat birdie and TA-DAH! He came up with this adorable illustration. He transferred it onto the block and I cut it out with a lino cutter. Very cool! Maybe I'll make an owl stamp next...Kurt, can you draw me a cute owl perched on a branch? :)

Tonight, after much procrastination, we're going to take down our Christmas tree. We LOVE our Christmas tree and hate to see it come down. It's been especially hard because here in DC it's been very very warm. I'm talkin' 76 last Saturday! It makes taking the Christmas tree down extra depressing, somehow.




No comments: